Dr Nkem Obiechina:
Periodontics and Implant Dentistry
Dr. Nkem is a recognized expert in periodontics and has authored two books about periodontics that can be seen at amazon.com: Understanding Periodontitis and Essential Implant Therapy. Dr. Nkem uses her skills in periodontics to restore your oral health.
Periodontal Services Offered by Dr. Nkem:
- Crown Lengthening
- Dental Implants
- Sedation Dentistry
- Repair of Chipped, Cracked, or Broken Teeth
- Gum Disease Treatment
- Teeth Extraction and Oral Surgery
Keeping You Comfortable in our State of the Art Dental Office
We use new technology, and ensure that you are as comfortable as possible during your procedures:
- Digital X-Rays - Digital X-Rays use less radiation, take less time, and produce a clearer image of your teeth. They are also environmentally friendly because no chemical substances are required for processing.
- Oral Sedation - We offer oral sedation to keep you comfortable during your dental procedures.
- Headsets - In addition to sedation options, we also offer headsets with soothing music to keep you at ease.
Meet Dr. Obiechina
Dr. Nkem Obiechina's goal is to provide all her patients with beautiful smiles - and those smiles start with having healthy teeth and gums. Dr. Nkem has extensive training in periodontal regeneration procedures, soft tissue grafting as well as partial and full mouth reconstruction utilizing dental implants, and all phases of periodontics.
Dr. Nkem educates her patients about periodontal disease and its treatment so as to avoid the potentially detrimental effect of tooth loss that can occur when this disease is left untreated. Teeth do not occur in isolation, therefore to maintain healthy teeth, all supporting components including the bone and gum tissue have to be periodontally sound. Through proper periodontal treatment and consistent home care, we hope to help you maintain healthy teeth and gums.
- University of Pittsburgh Dental School
- Columbia University Periodontics & Implant Dentistry
Books by Dr. Nkem
- Melvin Morris Award for Clinical Excellence from Columbia University
- Northeast Regional Board Student Award for Excellence in Periodontics
- "Drug-Induced Gingival Overgrowth" (Dentistry Today 9/2000)
- "Periodontal Microbiota & Clinical Periodontal Status in a Rural Sample in Southern Thailand" (European Journal of Oral Sciences 10/2002)
- American Dental Association, Washington D.C. (4/2001) - "Periodontal and Prosthetic Approach to Dental Implants"
Convenient Upper West Side Location
Our office is conveniently located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
View Larger Map
Payment and Insurance Information
We Offer Extremely Flexible Payment Options:
- Care Credit - 0% Interest Free
- All Major Credit Cards
- Non Insurance Discount